Promoting Positive Behaviour Certification
Undesirable behaviour in the workplace or home can weaken relationships, lower morale and create a toxic, unproductive atmosphere. Unfortunately, promoting positive behaviour in others can be a challenge. Simply asking them to change seldom yields the results you want. The good news is that, when you reframe your approach to behavioural change, you can promote positive behaviour in any setting.
This course will give you practical tips and strategies to aid others in adopting more constructive behaviours, while strengthening your relationships.
You Will Learn:
- Why workplace and family culture has a big effect on a person’s behaviours, and how to make changes that promote positive
- Why clarifying your values and expectations promotes positive change
- How to model desirable behaviours, and why you must remain consistent in your approach
- How to encourage individuals to repeat positive behaviours, and how to recognise progress
- Guidelines to follow when steering individuals towards their goals, and how to help them reach their full potential
Benefits of Taking this Course:
- If you work in a managerial or supervisory role, this course will help you promote positive change in your team
- If you are a parent, this course will help you promote positive behaviours in your children
- If you want to improve your personal and professional relationships, this course will help you by deepening your understanding of human behaviour in general
- If you have an interest in psychology, this course will provide you with a useful introduction to behaviourism, reinforcement and modelling, key concepts in this field
Who can take the Promoting Positive Behaviour Certification course?There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 4 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although students are free to spend as much or as little time as they feel necessary on each module.
Where / when can the course be studied?The course can be studied study at any time and from any internet connected device
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 4 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 4 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if a user fails the test?If the user doesn’t pass the test first time they will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times a test can be taken.
How long does it take to complete the Promoting Positive Behaviour Certification course?We estimate that the course will take about 2.5 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.