Project Development and Testing
Once a project officially kicks-off, it enters the development stage. This is essentially the phase at which the project begins to slowly materialise, with team members actively working towards achieving the goal. At this point, stakeholders have been consulted, the project has been pitched and accepted, and it is now time to move into the development phase.
During the development stage, a project will go through its conception, initiation, implementation and follow-up phases. At some point during the development stage, team members will begin to create test scenarios, which will lead into the testing phase. The testing phase is the examination and investigation period of a project, which is intended to inform stakeholders of performance levels and allow them to evaluate potential failure risks.
In this course, we will identify and study the key aspects that are needed for the successful completion of a project and the importance of project testing.
What we will learn in this course:
- The phases of project development: initiation, planning, design, execution, implementation, testing and monitoring
- How to develop a project concept
- The importance of time and communication management
- The need for project testing
The benefits of this course are:
- You will understand the phases of project development and testing, which will help in building a proper project plan
- You will learn how to put together a project concept easily and effectively
- You will learn how to implement a time and communication management plan that will help team members stay on track
- You will understand the importance of project testing and what happens if parts of the project are neglected
Who can take the Project Development and Testing Certification course?There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 4 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although students are free to spend as much or as little time as they feel necessary on each module.
Where / when can the course be studied?The course can be studied study at any time and from any internet connected device
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 4 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 4 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if a user fails the test?If the user doesn’t pass the test first time they will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times a test can be taken.
How long does it take to complete the Project Development and Testing Certification course?We estimate that the course will take about 2.5 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.