Professional Relationship Counselling Certification
You can use this specially designed course to supplement your traditional counselling qualifications. You will obtain a comprehensive understanding of the emotional issues, problems and obstacles that can occur in a relationship.
Every couple is different, and the nature of their relationship will depend on a number of factors. Career or financial pressures and life transition points can weaken a relationship that was previously strong and cause acrimony. An increasing number of couples experience rising relationship stress due to the hectic pace of modern-day living.
You will Learn:
- The different circumstances, behaviours and factors that can have a negative effect on relationships and cause friction between couples
- How each partner expresses themselves and an analysis of control, power and violence in relationships that usually forms the basis of conflicts
- How to help clients uncover hidden, repressed and simmering emotions and redirect their communications with each other using positive strategies
- How to help the couple explore positive and responsive rather than reactive strategies while communicating with each other
- How to counsel couples to recognise patterns in the relationship and analyse the different types of conflicts
- How to help couples overcome their problems and develop positive strategies to sort out their differences
Benefits of Taking this Course:
You can benefit from the professional relationship counselling course in several ways, including:
- Your role as a counsellor can help couples overcome their problems and improve their relationship
- Being a relationship counsellor can be a rewarding experience as you help people relate positively to one another
- Your services as a relationship counsellor can help unite warring couples and restore family harmony and wellbeing
- Who this course is aimed at
- Who this course will benefit
- Overview of the course content
- About EFT Emotionally Focused Therapy
- The required counselling skills
- The importance of encouraging your clients’ commitment to the process
- An understanding of the cycle of conflict and how to break it
- The foundation levels of security in a relationship
- An introduction to attachment insecurity and its impact on a relationship
- An understanding of emotional experience, and how this includes physical responses
- The importance of communicating at an emotional level
- The three levels of emotional experience
- How primary emotions are an important indicator of what is really happening
- Considering secondary emotions as a reaction to primary emotions
- What instrumental emotion is and why people use it
- Why couples fall into negative patterns
- How to encourage clients to focus on positive traits
- How taking an inventory of emotions in a relationship can help
- The negative behaviours used by couples in a state of conflict
- The importance of identifying when and how the negative cycle of behaviour began
- An understanding of the different fighting styles used by couples
- How to encourage a defensive partner to open up
- The ways to encourage couples to work together
- The importance of removing blame from the process
- How to identify and correct negative patterns of behaviour
- How to teach couples to hear and respond positively to each other’s pain
- What withdrawing behaviour means / What pursuing behaviour means
- The roles of fear and reassurance
- How to recognise emotional states
- How to help a client to face their fears and open up
- What to do when progress in therapy is hindered
- How to Identify shame as a block to progress
- How to help clients to face their fears and move past blocks
- How to identify and resolve attachment injuries
Who can take the Professional Relationship Counselling Certification course?There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 9 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although students are free to spend as much or as little time as they feel necessary on each module.
Where / when can the course be studied?The course can be studied study at any time and from any internet connected device
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 9 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 9 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if a user fails the test?If the user doesn’t pass the test first time they will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times a test can be taken.
How long does it take to complete the Professional Relationship Counselling Certification course?We estimate that the course will take about 6 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.