Are you naturally inclined toward holistic health treatments?
This specially designed course on aromatherapy provides all the information you’ll need in order to understand aromatherapy. Aromatherapy is now increasingly recognised for its potential to promote health and wellbeing. By using the right essential oils, you can help release stress and aid relaxation.
As with all holistic procedures, it’s important to be familiar with the principles of aromatherapy and properties of each essential oil. There are hundreds of essential oils and each one has its own set of distinctive characteristics as well as contra-indications.
This course on aromatherapy provides in-depth information on the unique properties of every essential oil and how they should be used.
What You Will Learn
- How essential oils are extracted and prepared for use in their concentrated forms including enfleurage, hydro-distillation, percolation and so on
- Composition of essential oils and types of essential oils based on individual composition and extraction processes
- Unique properties of commonly used oils in aromatherapy and how you should choose the right one for your requirements
- The correct techniques to follow while blending essential oils for the best results
- How to create special recipes with aromatherapy oils for different requirements and how every essential oil possesses different healing properties
Benefits of the Course
Completing the course on professional aromatherapy can help you in different ways:
- You can offer professional aromatherapy treatments to clients and establish a successful career
- If you wish to make your own essential oils, you can contribute to safety in handmade products
- In-depth study of essential oils can help you implement precautions during massage or aromatherapy procedures
- You can do this as a stand-alone course or in addition to other holistic health courses
- The history and definition of aromatherapy
- About harvesting plants for essential oils
- The extraction processes
- The importance of using only the purest of essential oils / About the use of carrier oils and the most popular ones
- The science that exists behind aromatherapy
- The importance of understanding primary compounds
- The components present in essential oils
- The costs of essential oils
- What to look for when choosing essential oils
- About some of the most popular oils
- The health benefits of each oil and the contra-indications
- The role of compounds in the blending process
- The compounds that are of most interest to aromatherapists
- The essential oils that mix well
- What to consider when starting to blend
- About aromatherapy recipes and what they can do
- How essential oils can work alongside a weight-loss regime
- The oils that can be used to help those who wish to tone their body, manage IBS and aid stress relief
- The massage oils that can be used to help with cellulite and eliminate fat
- How to store aromatherapy essential oils
- The considerations that will affect the quality and the components of the oils
- The risks of using essential oils
- The importance of asking your clients to complete a health form
- The 10 most useful oils
- Tips on what to have in your starter kit
- The therapeutic qualities of the oils
- The ways that essential oils can be used
- How to start an aromatherapy business
- The importance of the aromatherapist/client relationship
- Where to set up your business
- About advertising and marketing your business
Who can take the Professional Aromatherapy Certification course?There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 8 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although students are free to spend as much or as little time as they feel necessary on each module.
Where / when can the course be studied?The course can be studied study at any time and from any internet connected device
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 8 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 8 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if a user fails the test?If the user doesn’t pass the test first time they will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times a test can be taken.
How long does it take to complete the Professional Aromatherapy Certification course?We estimate that the course will take about 3 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.