Practical Leadership Skills Certification
The success of your company depends entirely on your ability to lead a team. Without effective leadership, companies soon fail. It is important to be there, to guide your staff, to provide advice and to make crucial business decisions with very little notice.
Those who are unable to learn the skills that they need in order to effectively lead, may find themselves quickly out of a job. Even in a best-case scenario, being an ineffective leader can cause a lot of stress and unhappiness. Thankfully, leadership is not an innate quality. The skills that you need for effective leadership are easy to acquire, as long as you are eager to put in the time and effort.
This course goes into detail about the practical skills that you need for effective leadership.
It begins by diving into the general styles of leadership, giving you the tools that you need in order to identify your own style and make adjustments accordingly.
Next, we discuss the best strategies that you can use in order to motivate your staff.
Delegation and coaching techniques are covered next, ensuring that all the skills that you need for effective leadership are covered as thoroughly as possible.
You will Learn:
- The differences between directive, transformational and participative leadership
- The drawbacks and benefits of each style discussed
- Why motivation is such an important tool to use with your team
- The importance of delegation
- Why coaching is also an important skill to learn
Benefits of Taking this Course
- Learning the three primary strategies that you can use in order to motivate your staff
- Understanding why it is important to share corporate information with your staff
- Learning how to share your enthusiasm with your team and the benefits of doing so
- Understanding the value of delegation and when you need to put it into practice
- Learning how and when to most effectively coach your team members
Who can take the Practical Leadership Skills Certification course?There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 1 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although students are free to spend as much or as little time as they feel necessary on each module.
Where / when can the course be studied?The course can be studied study at any time and from any internet connected device
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 1 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 1 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if a user fails the test?If the user doesn’t pass the test first time they will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times a test can be taken.
How long does it take to complete the Practical Leadership Skills Certification course?We estimate that the course will take about 0.75 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.