The PowerPoint Diploma course provides the knowledge and skills needed, in order to create and deliver PowerPoint (PPT) multimedia presentations.
Widely used in education, training and business environments, PowerPoint provides the vehicle for creating professional slideshows, videos and presentations. It incorporates many features, including the ability to produce handouts of the presentation.
This course provides the skills to add text, images and charts to any presentation.
The certificate is awarded, after successfully completing a multiple-choice examination at the end of the course. The certificate may be printed out, or – for a small fee - posted to the team member at their home.
What’s Covered in the Course?
Your employee will cover the following information:
- Create and save a PowerPoint presentation;
- Add, delete and arrange multiple slides;
- Insert charts, captions, quotes and name cards;
- Inserting and formatting text within your slides;
- Working with text alignment, bullet points, line spacing and columns;
- Utilise text direction and vertical alignment;
- Inserting images, shapes, charts and creating photo albums;
- Insert online and screenshot images;
- Insert tables, text boxes, headers and footers;
- Using SmartArt and other formatting features;
- Converting your presentations into different formats;
- Add and edit hyperlinks;
- Transitions and animations;
- Using Spell Checker and Thesaurus;
- Create and add screen recordings within your slides;
- Using linking and annotation features;
- Adding notes and comments;
- Use the handout and notes master tools.
What are the Benefits of the Course?
- A competent working knowledge of this powerful communication tool adds value, both for the employee and for the organisation;
- A comprehensive syllabus, covering all a user needs to know about designing PowerPoint presentations;
- Improved levels of competence in the organisation;
- As there are no deadlines for this course, learners may complete their training at their own pace or as part of an in-house study group;
- Easy-to-manage course modules - this makes studying an enjoyable experience;
- Online support is available throughout the course;
- A certified and recognised diploma.
Who can take the PowerPoint Diploma course?There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 45 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although students are free to spend as much or as little time as they feel necessary on each module.
Where / when can the course be studied?The course can be studied study at any time and from any internet connected device
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 45 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 45 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if a user fails the test?If the user doesn’t pass the test first time they will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times a test can be taken.
How long does it take to complete the PowerPoint Diploma course?We estimate that the course will take about 15 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.