Personal Safety Certification
Personal safety is something that everyone needs to focus on in all areas of their life. This is true in both your personal life and your professional life.
Incidents of workplace aggression and violence are on the rise, making it important to know how to protect yourself. Additionally, there are a growing number of employees who work in remote locations or on their own.
Keeping everyone safe from potential risks and hazards while working in such an environment is an obligation on the part of both employers and employees.
This course goes into detail regarding personal safety, with an emphasis on personal safety while at work. We begin by giving you a brief introduction to the topic, including a definition and legal obligations in the area of health and safety.
Next, we move on to talk about personal safety as it pertains to those who work alone, whether it is in an office or retail setting or if it involves working remotely from home.
The course also reviews ways to stay safe while travelling on business, including why you should check in with your home office daily.
Finally, we talk about how to stay safe when working at off-site locations.
You Will Learn:
- The definition of personal safety, as agreed upon by UK experts
- The legal obligations placed on both employers and employees to create and maintain safe workspaces
- The best precautionary measures to take when you are working on your own or at another site
- How to stay safe while on the road
- Important strategies you should know when self-administering first aid
Benefits of Taking this Course
- Feeling more confident when working alone or in unfamiliar situations
- Understanding how to assess workplace situations for risks and hazards
- Learning how to promote awareness about personal safety for employees in a variety of workplace locations
- Being able to teach yourself or your staff how to stay safe while away on business
Who can take the Personal Safety Certification course?There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 4 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although students are free to spend as much or as little time as they feel necessary on each module.
Where / when can the course be studied?The course can be studied study at any time and from any internet connected device
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 4 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 4 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if a user fails the test?If the user doesn’t pass the test first time they will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times a test can be taken.
How long does it take to complete the Personal Safety Certification course?We estimate that the course will take about 2.5 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.