PCI DSS Certification
An understanding of the PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard) is vital for anybody involved with card payments whether in an administrative or end-user capacity.
This course provides a comprehensive insight into every aspect of the PCI DSS, including the history and background as well as the current legal requirements and consequences of non-compliance.
From how to comply and be safe using 3rd-party entities, to how to draw up and adhere to your own compliance checklist, this course covers every aspect all role players must know.
You Will Learn
- A comprehensive definition and history of the PCI DSS
- The goals of PCI DSS as well as the very real threats it seeks to prevent
- How to become fully compliant using 3rd-party entities or on your own
- The categories and necessary requirements for full PCI DSS compliance
- The nature of common vulnerabilities and how to completely eliminate them
Benefits of Taking This Course
- You will be able to become completely PCI DSS compliant
- You will understand the current and evolving risks involved around credit card fraud and how to save your company from potential harm
- You will be able to draw up a checklist and a plan of action for you or your company to remain compliant on a regular basis
- You will understand the legal requirements for both the end-user and service providers and how to avoid serious liability
- You will understand the various categories of compliance as well as the responsibilities for each category
Who can take the PCI DSS Certification course?There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 4 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although students are free to spend as much or as little time as they feel necessary on each module.
Where / when can the course be studied?The course can be studied study at any time and from any internet connected device
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 4 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 4 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if a user fails the test?If the user doesn’t pass the test first time they will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times a test can be taken.
How long does it take to complete the PCI DSS Certification course?We estimate that the course will take about 2.5 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.