Payroll Systems the Basics
The role of payroll in modern businesses cannot be understated. Every business with employees, whether it has just a couple of workers or hundreds of staff, must run a payroll. It does not just help pay employees accurately, keep transaction records or remit and file taxes, but offers many other benefits to business owners.
Payroll systems play important roles in businesses, including avoiding fines, penalties and even legal action. Therefore, small and large businesses alike should work on an effective and efficient payroll. This course has been designed to introduce you to the basics of payroll and payroll systems. First, it defines the term payroll and differentiates it from a payroll system.
Next, we explain how a payroll works and the various functions it performs to help businesses accomplish different aspects of operations. It also covers the various benefits of payroll systems and how business owners can choose the right payroll system that meets specific business needs.
You Will Learn:
- The definition of payroll
- The various payroll tasks
- The role of payroll in business operations
- The definition of a payroll system and its varied functions
- The benefits of payroll systems to small, medium and large businesses
- How to choose the right payroll system for specific business needs
Benefits of Taking the Course
Taking the course will help you:
- Learn fundamental basics of payroll and payroll systems
- Understand how payroll and payroll systems work
- Learn the various functions of a payroll system
- Learn the benefits of payroll systems in modern businesses
- Develop enthusiasm and motivation to learn more about payrolls and accounting
- Determine if you’re interested in the subject enough to explore accounting or take it up as a career in the future
Who can take the Payroll Systems – Basics Certification course?There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 1 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although students are free to spend as much or as little time as they feel necessary on each module.
Where / when can the course be studied?The course can be studied study at any time and from any internet connected device
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 1 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 1 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if a user fails the test?If the user doesn’t pass the test first time they will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times a test can be taken.
How long does it take to complete the Payroll Systems – Basics Certification course?We estimate that the course will take about 0.75 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.