How to Calculate Net and Gross Pay
Good payroll management is key to the running of a business. Fortunately, this is a relatively simple matter now that we have software packages able to calculate tax, National Insurance contributions, and other deductions that need to be taken off an employee’s payslip.
However, it is still essential that you understand the basic concepts underlying these calculations. In this course, you will learn the differences between net and gross pay.
You Will Learn:
- What is meant by the term “gross pay” and how it is calculated
- What is meant by the term “net pay” and how it is calculated
- The most common types of deductions displayed on a payslip
- Why a high-quality payroll package is an essential business tool
- When you should consider manually checking your payroll figures
Benefits of Taking This Course:
- If you are responsible for overseeing a payroll at work, this course will help you fulfil your duties
- This course will prevent you from making mistakes that could cost your business considerable time and money in the long run
- This course will help you work with employees to resolve any difficulties and discrepancies relating to pay
- This course will help you decide who requires payroll training in your business, which is useful if you work in an HR or training role
Who can take the Payroll – How to Calculate Net and Gross Pay Certification course?There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 0 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although students are free to spend as much or as little time as they feel necessary on each module.
Where / when can the course be studied?The course can be studied study at any time and from any internet connected device
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 0 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 0 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if a user fails the test?If the user doesn’t pass the test first time they will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times a test can be taken.
How long does it take to complete the Payroll – How to Calculate Net and Gross Pay Certification course?We estimate that the course will take about 0.75 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.