Parental Rights Certification
Many workers will, at some point, need time off work to welcome a new baby into their family. In the UK, Maternity, Adoption, Paternity and Shared Parental Leave (SPL) bestow “parental rights” upon workers. All businesses need to have a working understanding of relevant employment laws to ensure that all employees are treated fairly.
In this course, you will learn what a worker is entitled to receive in terms of paid and unpaid leave, and how their employment rights are subject to protection while they are away from the workplace.
You Will Learn:
- Who is entitled to Statutory Maternity Leave (SML), Statutory Maternity Pay (SMP) and Maternity Allowance (MA)
- Special cases whereby different rules may apply with regards to the provision of SML and SMP, such as mariners and directors
- Who is entitled to Statutory Paternity Leave and Statutory Paternity Pay (SPP)
- Who is entitled to Shared Parental Leave (SPL) and Shared Parental Pay (ShPP), and how the allowances are calculated
- The rights of workers who are away from the workplace on parental leave, and the rights of workers to take unplanned, unpaid leave to care for their dependents
Benefits of Taking This Course:
- If you work in an HR role, this course will provide you with a useful overview of parental rights that will ensure all workers get the benefits they deserve
- If you own a business, this course will help you meet your obligations under the law with regards to parental rights
- If you are a worker, this course will inform you of your rights under the law
- If you are a supervisor, this course will help you understand the rights of your team members and manage them accordingly
Who can take the Parental Rights Certification course?There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 4 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although students are free to spend as much or as little time as they feel necessary on each module.
Where / when can the course be studied?The course can be studied study at any time and from any internet connected device
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 4 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 4 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if a user fails the test?If the user doesn’t pass the test first time they will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times a test can be taken.
How long does it take to complete the Parental Rights Certification course?We estimate that the course will take about 1 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.