Online Security Certification
For smaller businesses and organisations that do not have a dedicated IT department, measures need to be in place, to ensure online security.
Cyber threats are not just aimed at big businesses. Any device connected to the internet is at risk of being hacked or infected with a virus or ransomware. Online security is not a one-off issue, in that, once you set up controls and safeguards, you can forget it. As technology becomes more and more sophisticated, so do those who look to abuse it. Keeping a company’s sensitive information secure is essential.
This course is beneficial to employees who handle company data but also to any employee who needs to learn the basics of internet security. The course is also a good basis as an introduction, in the case of the company having identified an employee to train, to take over online security for the whole system.
What’s Covered in the Course?
Here is a list of the main topics that your team members will cover during this course:
- A comprehensive introduction to online security - what it is and what it entails;
- The duties and responsibilities of cyber security staff;
- An understanding of why online security is needed and for whom it is important;
- Online security, as it pertains to e-mail history, passwords and account security;
- The most important terms, definitions and concepts that are involved with online security;
- What is spam and the best ways in which to deal with all types of it;
- The most effective ways in which to prevent e-mail addresses from being shared with those who won’t use them properly;
- The skills and tools needed, in order to protect all kinds of networks, as well as those needed to protect personal information;
- All aspects of security maintenance and how to protect social media security;
- How to efficiently and effectively deal with online security disasters.
What are the Benefits of the Course?
The main benefits that your team members will enjoy, when studying this course include:
- Your organisation’s systems are managed, in order to avoid them being vulnerable to attack;
- Employees recognise spam, phishing and other cyber threats;
- This online course is taught in modules and can be accessed by internet connection, in employees’ own time;
- Lifetime access to the learning materials, so that employees benefit from refresher training in the future;
- Upon successful completion of the course, a fully-accredited certificate will be awarded.
Who can take the Online Security Certification course?There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 5 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although students are free to spend as much or as little time as they feel necessary on each module.
Where / when can the course be studied?The course can be studied study at any time and from any internet connected device
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 5 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 5 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if a user fails the test?If the user doesn’t pass the test first time they will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times a test can be taken.
How long does it take to complete the Online Security Certification course?We estimate that the course will take about 6 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.