Nutrition & Hydration Certification
Nutrition is the process of taking in nutrients from food, relevant to our various dietary needs. Our bodies need certain nutrients for continued growth, cell repair and other metabolic processes throughout life, and we thus need to be extremely aware of what to include in our diets.
To be able to make informed decisions regarding our nutritional needs, it’s important to understand the basic principles behind nutrition, in which water and hydration also play a role.
Various guides and tools may be used to help ensure we get the nutritional balance and support needed, including the Eatwell Guide and Malnutrition Universal Screening Tool (MUST), both of which will be discussed in this course.
You Will Learn:
- About the different types of nutrients our body needs and the various categories these nutrients can be broken down into.
- What the benefits of water and staying hydrated are.
- How the Eatwell Guide can help ensure you maintain a balanced diet.
- How malnutrition is defined and the role the Malnutrition Universal Screening Tool plays in identifying malnutrition.
Benefits of Taking This Course:
- You will be able to identify the nutrients needed to maintain a healthy body.
- You will better understand what different foods are made of and which category of nutrient they fall under.
- Your knowledge will allow you to identify the signs of malnutrition and dehydration and equip you with preventative steps.
- Your knowledge will improve your awareness of healthy eating and allow you to make more informed choices with regards to a balanced diet.
Who can take the Nutrition & Hydration Certification course?There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 0 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although students are free to spend as much or as little time as they feel necessary on each module.
Where / when can the course be studied?The course can be studied study at any time and from any internet connected device
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 0 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 0 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if a user fails the test?If the user doesn’t pass the test first time they will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times a test can be taken.
How long does it take to complete the Nutrition & Hydration Certification course?We estimate that the course will take about 3 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.