Nutrition for Older Adults
Nutrition for Older Adults is a course that aims to equip fitness trainers with firsthand knowledge of dealing with older clients. The course focuses on the problems faced by older adults as they age and how those problems can be combated.
This course has been designed around the idea of the nutritional needs of older adults and how to address any issues that may arise. The entire course has been divided into five modules; each module is based on a different theme related to the nutritional wellbeing of older adults.
What You Will Learn:
Throughout this course, you will learn about:
- The process of ageing and active ageing
- How to maintain a balanced nutritional intake for older adults
- The consequences of insufficient nutriti
- Risk factors attached to poor eating habits
- Nutritional assessment tools to determine underlying deficiencies
- Strategies to address nutritional concerns
- How to communicate healthy lifestyle choices to older adults
- The importance of physical exercise in old age
The Benefits of This Course:
- Helping fitness trainers to deal with older clients in a professional, yet humble, manner
- You will be well-equipped with the correct knowledge to assist older clients
- You will understand the nutritional concerns of older adults
- You will be knowledgeable about the various factors and methodologies associated with this topic
- You will have a wide knowledge of the nutritional wellbeing of older adults
- You will be able to translate your learning into practice when dealing with older clients
Who can take the Nutrition for Older Adults Certification course?There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 5 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although students are free to spend as much or as little time as they feel necessary on each module.
Where / when can the course be studied?The course can be studied study at any time and from any internet connected device
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 5 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 5 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if a user fails the test?If the user doesn’t pass the test first time they will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times a test can be taken.
How long does it take to complete the Nutrition for Older Adults Certification course?We estimate that the course will take about 3 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.