Note Taking Certification
Good note-taking skills are essential to your educational and professional success. Writing comprehensive notes does not just produce an effective memory aid; it also encourages you to process information on a meaningful level.
Unfortunately, most of us are not taught how to take notes. In this course, you will discover several techniques that will allow you to pare down complex concepts and record them as well-organised summaries.
You Will Learn:
- The power of a good note-taking system, and why note-taking is a two-step process
- How and when to optimise linear note-taking systems
- Why non-linear note-taking methods can be a good alternative to traditional systems, and how to draw up a mind map
- How to make useful notes when reading a book, article, or report
Benefits of Taking This Course:
- Learning how to take notes during discussions will make you more effective at processing information, which in turn will help you to plan and execute projects better
- If you take notes at meetings, this course will help you to record all points covered by attendees
- Taking good notes during one-to-one meetings with mentors and guides will help you make the most of their knowledge and support, which will further your personal development
- If you are a student, this course will help you to take notes that increase your chances of achieving high marks in your exams and on assignments
Who can take the Note Taking Certification course?There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 4 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although students are free to spend as much or as little time as they feel necessary on each module.
Where / when can the course be studied?The course can be studied study at any time and from any internet connected device
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 4 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 4 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if a user fails the test?If the user doesn’t pass the test first time they will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times a test can be taken.
How long does it take to complete the Note Taking Certification course?We estimate that the course will take about 2.5 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.