Learning about Modern Slavery is essential for everyone interested in understanding the many nuances and aspects that contribute to this modern-day issue, whether it’s a part of your school or university curriculum, or you simply want to find out more about this topic.
Throughout these four modules, we will explore modern slavery, by defining the concept, discussing the root causes and analysing the different ways in which countries around the world are trying to fight it.
We will also analyse different forms of modern slavery, from traditional, or chattel slavery, to human trafficking, child slavery and sexual exploitation, forced marriage and forced migrant labour!
This is the ultimate resource for gaining a complete and thorough understanding of modern slavery, the forms it takes and the implications of it for all of us.
What You Will Learn:
- The causes of modern slavery, including, social, political and economic causes
- How modern slavery is fought through legislation and global policies
- All about well-known forms of modern slavery, such as chattel slavery, child slavery, human trafficking and sexual slavery
- Lesser-known forms of slavery, including forced marriages, migrant labour and forced occupational slavery
The Benefits of Taking This Course:
- You will understand the root causes and various types of modern slavery
- You will achieve a well-rounded knowledge of modern slavery as a concept
- You will be able to discuss and debate modern slavery with confidence on any platform
- You will be able to pass any exam or test on modern slavery with ease
Who can take the Modern Slavery Awareness Certification course?There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 4 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although students are free to spend as much or as little time as they feel necessary on each module.
Where / when can the course be studied?The course can be studied study at any time and from any internet connected device
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 4 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 4 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if a user fails the test?If the user doesn’t pass the test first time they will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times a test can be taken.
How long does it take to complete the Modern Slavery Awareness Certification course?We estimate that the course will take about 2.5 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.