Mobile Phones and Driving Certification
Mobile phones are one of the primary technological advances of the 21st Century. Not only have they increased social networking and have changed the way humans communicate with one another, but they also serve as an effective form of personal security. In times of an emergency or when one is travelling and/or alone, a mobile device can assist the driver in having a more efficient journey on the road. However, using a handheld device while driving a vehicle is dangerous, illegal and can often lead to injuries or fatalities. It is important to learn about the risks associated with using a mobile device when behind the wheel, to avoid any of these potential hazardous situations.
This course provides a thorough understanding of the kinds of dangers a driver faces when using a phone while driving and the various penalties that are associated with it. Additionally, you will learn about how to use a mobile device when on the road.
What You Will learn
- The consequences of using a mobile device while driving
- Laws and penalties associated with using a mobile device when driving
- What is distracted driving and how to teach new drivers the importance of distraction-free driving
- How to safely use a hands-free device and sat navs without breaking the law
- Safe ways to use a handheld device while on the road and what to do in the event of an emergency
Benefits of the Course
- You will become aware of the risks associated with using a mobile device while driving
- Prevent yourself from getting into a dangerous or life-threatening situations due to using a mobile device while driving
- You will learn how to avoid getting a fine or paying a penalty for using a hand-held device
- You will know the risks and benefits associated with using a hands-free device while driving
- You will be aware of the effects of distracted driving and how to teach new drivers not to use a phone when behind the wheel
- Learning how to properly use a mobile device in case of an emergency while on the road
Who can take the Mobile Phones and Driving Certification course?There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 5 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although students are free to spend as much or as little time as they feel necessary on each module.
Where / when can the course be studied?The course can be studied study at any time and from any internet connected device
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 5 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 5 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if a user fails the test?If the user doesn’t pass the test first time they will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times a test can be taken.
How long does it take to complete the Mobile Phones and Driving Certification course?We estimate that the course will take about 3 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.