Microsoft Mail Merge Certification
Mail merge is one of Microsoft’s most powerful Office features, especially for those who work in offices or who deal with mailings in their day-to-day lives. Without it, you need to type multiple names and mailing addresses, risking typos or other errors. These types of errors may mean that your intended recipient never gets the document or communication. In a worst-case scenario, it may even mean that a vital message goes to the wrong client, leading to confidentiality issues. Learning how to use mail merge properly can save you a lot of time, while also protecting you against unintentional privacy breaches.
This course goes into detail about how to use the most common and practical features of this invaluable tool, which is built into all versions of Microsoft Office. We begin by introducing you to the general things you need to know when preparing a mailing list, including how to use Excel and Outlook contacts for your mail merge list. Next, we move on to giving you a step-by-step guide on how to use mail merge for labels and envelopes, as well as applying it to more advanced tasks such as mass emails or letters.
You Will Learn:
- How to use Excel to prepare your mailing list
- How to use the mail merge feature for personalised emails containing the same basic content
- What you need to keep in mind when using mail merge with Outlook
- How to create a mass letter with customised information for different clients
- How to take mail merge one step further
Benefits of Taking this Course
- Learning how to use mail merge to avoid duplicating your work or making mistakes
- Understanding how to use mail merge for a variety of useful functions, including labels, envelopes, letters and emails
- Why mail merge is an essential tool that anyone who works in an office should learn
- Tips on the best way to start compiling a mailing list and which program is the easiest one to use when carrying out this task
- Learning how to benefit from an underused tool in a step-by-step way, making it easy to incorporate into your next mailing
Who can take the Microsoft Mail Merge Certification course?There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 1 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although students are free to spend as much or as little time as they feel necessary on each module.
Where / when can the course be studied?The course can be studied study at any time and from any internet connected device
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 1 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 1 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if a user fails the test?If the user doesn’t pass the test first time they will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times a test can be taken.
How long does it take to complete the Microsoft Mail Merge Certification course?We estimate that the course will take about .5 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.