Microsoft Excel Certification Level 3
Please Note: This course uses the Microsoft 365 version of Excel. Any other versions will have some differences in the functions.
The Microsoft (MS) Excel Certification Level 3 Course is the most comprehensive of the three Excel courses presented here. If a team member has successfully completed the Level 1 and Level 2 courses, they will be fully prepared to start the Level 3 course.
Formulae or functions are what advanced users of Excel want from this tool. When you use formulae, not only can you see the data that you require for your work, you can also analyse it and get answers to complex questions.
Although anyone with some Excel knowledge can use formulae, such as SUM, a user who has the advanced Excel skills presented in this course will use other formulae, both alone and combined, such as MATCH, INDEX, DSUM and VLOOKUP.
In addition to knowing and using these formulae, an advanced user of Excel knows how to debug these formulae, how to audit them and how to choose the perfect formula for the particular task to be carried out.
What’s Covered in the Course?
Any staff member choosing to study this course can expect to gain the following skills:
- How to set A Password to an Excel document;
- VLOOKUP Advanced formula options and manipulations;
- Other advanced functions: OR, AND, CHOOSE, INDIRECT, REPLACE, LEN, LEFT, FIND;
- Functions of CEILING, CORREL, DATEDIF, DATEVALUE, DAVERAGE and EDATE;
- Colouring a column and row with a formula;
- Highlighting a cell with a formula;
- Functions of ISODD, ISNUMBER, ISTEXT, ISLOGICAL, ISNONTEXT, ISERR and ISBLANK;
- Functions of DGET, DMAX, DPRODUCT, DCOUNTA, DCOUNT and DSUM;
- How to calculate depreciation in Excel, including SLN depreciation and SYD depreciation;
- Calculating loan IPMT and EMI;
- Functions of DATEDIF, DATEVALUE, EDATE, EOMONTH, MATCH and INDEX;
- Full explanation of the INDEX and MATCH functions;
- Looking up data;
- Selecting only cells containing comments;
- Hiding formulae;
- Automatically inserting serial numbers;
The employee will also learn about calculating depreciation, calculating interest and calculating IPMT and EMI for loans, all by using Excel functions.
The course features information on INDEX and MATCH functions, which is important in certain industries and roles. It also shows learners how to use the CHOOSE formula and how to create special charts.
What are the Benefits of the Course?
- Upon completion of the Level 3 course, the employee will have access to the full functionality of Excel and will know how to use all of its formulae, functions and capabilities;
- The Level 3 Excel course is designed for ‘power’ users, but not only for programmers and those interested in financial modelling;
- Competent Excel users add huge value to an organisation, through advanced data analysis.
Who can take the Microsoft Excel Certification Level 3 course?There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 60 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although students are free to spend as much or as little time as they feel necessary on each module.
Where / when can the course be studied?The course can be studied study at any time and from any internet connected device
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 60 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 60 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if a user fails the test?If the user doesn’t pass the test first time they will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times a test can be taken.
How long does it take to complete the Microsoft Excel Certification Level 3 course?We estimate that the course will take about 10 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.