Mentoring and Coaching Skills
Mentors and coaches are important when it comes to building up one’s confidence and skills in just about any profession. These experts provide short-term and long-term guidance throughout the learning process. The best part of all is not everyone has to be a coach or mentor to use these skills.
However, not everyone has good mentoring or coaching potential. This is where taking the time to perfect your coaching and mentoring skills can help you stand out in life and at work.
For those who choose to take the time to learn about these crucial skills often benefit from having a better understanding of people, how to convey knowledge in an active learning environment and help people build themselves and prosper.
While there are many ways one can help guide people, they tend to focus on certain aspects of help.
With this course, you will learn more about mentoring and coaching along with other related professions.
You Will Learn:
- About the different types of occupations related to coaching and mentoring and how they differ from coaches and mentors
- About the differences between coaching skills and mentoring skills
- About the different types of coaches and mentors
- More about the different levels of certification for coaching and mentoring skills, as well as other potential requirements to become a coach or mentor
The Benefits of Taking This Course:
- You will gain a deeper understanding of what a coach and mentor do and how they help people
- You will learn about new skills that can help improve other areas of life, including relationships
- You will gain skills that can help you work in managerial roles and other related jobs that require good leadership, coaching and mentoring skills
- You will gain more confidence in yourself and develop a better understanding of people
Who can take the Coaching and Mentoring Skills Certification course?There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 4 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although students are free to spend as much or as little time as they feel necessary on each module.
Where / when can the course be studied?The course can be studied study at any time and from any internet connected device
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 4 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 4 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if a user fails the test?If the user doesn’t pass the test first time they will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times a test can be taken.
How long does it take to complete the Coaching and Mentoring Skills Certification course?We estimate that the course will take about 2.5 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.