Medical acupuncture is the integration of acupuncture with allied or medical western health practices. Believed to have originated from Europe and Asia, acupuncture is practised in its original and hybrid form.
Medical acupuncture is founded on the therapeutic insertion of needles in different patterns and combinations in certain points on the body.
Traditional acupuncture principles, such as promoting qi flow — subtle revitalising energy — through channels of acupuncture influence the choice of patterns of needles. Modern concepts are also used in the choice of needle patterns. The two principles are used independently or together.
The integration of traditional acupuncture principles and modern medical approaches to form hybrid acupuncture is the basis of medical acupuncture. It is also important to its success.
This course focuses on medical acupuncture. Firstly, we describe what it is and how it comes about.
Next, the course briefly looks into the history of acupuncture.
It explains the physiology of acupuncture and provides detailed information on acupuncture needles.
It also states the benefits of medical acupuncture and provides a few effects of the practice.
You Will Learn:
- What medical acupuncture is and how it comes about
- About the history of acupuncture
- How acupuncture works
- About acupuncture needles
- The benefits of medical acupuncture
- The effects of medical acupuncture
Benefits of Taking This Course:
Taking this course will help you:
- Know what medical acupuncture is
- Learn its origin and how it works
- Learn the importance of engaging in medical acupuncture
- Learn how medical acupuncture can help you
- Know the effects of medical acupuncture and how safe it is
- Develop an interest in learning more about the practice
- Determine whether you want to take up acupuncture as a career
- Determine whether acupuncture can help treat your health condition
- Determine whether you want to conduct a study on acupuncture or medical acupuncture and its outcomes
Who can take the Medical Acupuncture Certification course?There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 1 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although students are free to spend as much or as little time as they feel necessary on each module.
Where / when can the course be studied?The course can be studied study at any time and from any internet connected device
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 1 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 1 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if a user fails the test?If the user doesn’t pass the test first time they will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times a test can be taken.
How long does it take to complete the Medical Acupuncture Certification course?We estimate that the course will take about 0.75 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.