This course takes you through the broad aspects of meal planning. To successfully support clients’ goals, a holistic view of nutrition is needed.
The first two modules give you an overview of the dietary components that make up healthy eating patterns.
With knowledge of what the body needs to function optimally, the course goes on to tackle the main nutritional assessment tools that you can use in your diagnosis of areas of dietary improvement.
These nutritional assessment tools go hand-in-hand with nutritional strategies that encourage a change in eating behaviours and food choices. The nutritional strategies covered vary in their suitability for clients of different profiles, so they can be used depending on the level of client readiness and their commitment to change.
Finally, the course explores how to determine the credibility of a source. This gives you the confidence to advise clients appropriately and provide sound nutritional advice.
What You Will Learn:
- Dietary principles and the components of a healthy eating pattern
- What role macronutrients play and their main types, including specific foods and their main macronutrient components
- How to incorporate the use of nutritional assessment tools, to identify areas of improvement within a client’s diet
- The main nutritional strategies, and how to apply your knowledge of dietary principles
- How to evaluate sources of nutritional information
The Benefits of Taking This Course:
- You will learn basic nutritional facts
- You can accurately suggest nutritional areas of improvement
- You can apply nutritional knowledge, to support clients’ nutritional goals
- You can provide clients with sound nutritional advice
Who can take the Meal Planning Certification course?There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 5 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although students are free to spend as much or as little time as they feel necessary on each module.
Where / when can the course be studied?The course can be studied study at any time and from any internet connected device
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 5 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 5 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if a user fails the test?If the user doesn’t pass the test first time they will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times a test can be taken.
How long does it take to complete the Meal Planning Certification course?We estimate that the course will take about 2.75 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.