Level 2 Marketing Certification
As companies strive to boost their branding and improve revenues, the marketing department is at the forefront of driving the company’s image in the marketplace.
Responsible for the company’s product profile and advertising, the marketing department is the creative energy behind product sales.
This marketing certificate includes 15 easy-to-study modules, describing the knowledge and skills required, in order to enter into and advance in this field.
There are no entry requirements, so employees who are currently working in a marketing role or wish to move in that direction will benefit from this industry-accredited course.
What’s Covered in the Course?
- The course begins with a definition and outline of the functions of marketing and how it is aligned to – but different from – the sales function. Marketing’s pivotal role in driving the success of the company is a theme that runs throughout the course.
- Marketing is a strategic function and therefore requires a complete understanding of the business, its customers and its products. Failure to consider any of these key variables results in a less-than-optimum presence in the market. These elements are covered in modules on the importance of marketing and its roles and the fundamentals of marketing.
- Marketing must understand the difference between customers’ needs and wants and be able to target these needs. For this, market information and analysis is fundamental to the marketer’s success, as well as knowledge of the business’s competition.
- A study of the basic ‘marketing mix’ (product, price, promotion, place) encourages students to analyse their own marketing environment in a practical, hands-on way.
- Creating a marketing plan that incorporates both offline and online marketing strategies – and setting budgets for the plan, in order to optimise your marketing spend – rounds off the course content.
What are the Benefits of the Course?
- The certificate is offered as an online study course, which enables your employees to study from home or work and at their own pace;
- Upon successfully passing the multiple-choice examination at the end of the course, your team member will be awarded with a unique certificate, which can be downloaded and printed immediately;
- Online support is provided throughout the course;
- Lifetime access to modules, so they can be referred to at a later date;
- The chance to improve your knowledge and skills and start using what you have learnt without delay in the workplace.
- The actual definition of the term ‘marketing'.
- Why you need to consider using it as part of your approach to business.
- What to logically expect from it.
- Why you cannot allow yourself to get carried away with your ideas.
- The key reasons why marketing is so important.
- Where it can help your business.
- The impact of not using marketing to your advantage.
- Where to begin with marketing.
- What we mean by the fundamentals of marketing.
- The impact of not understanding these basic concepts.
- Understanding market strategy.
- The four step process that you need to follow to be a success.
- The difference between need and want in a customer.
- How to identify those needs.
- How to interpret that information for marketing purposes.
- The difference it makes to your business.
- What we mean by the marketing environment.
- Understanding your competitors.
- How to place yourself within your correct environment.
- Key mistakes to avoid making right from the outset.
- The key forms of marketing to be aware of.
- The importance of understanding and using these different forms.
- How to select the best forms for your business.
- Where you can go wrong and how to avoid these pitfalls.
- What the four P's actually are.
- How to implement them into your marketing strategy.
- The difference they will make to your business.
- Moving forward and keeping the four P's in mind.
- What we mean by offline marketing.
- The importance of including it in any marketing strategy.
- The key offline marketing concepts to consider.
- Local or national offline marketing.
- What the term ‘online marketing' means
- Why you must include this form of marketing within your strategy.
- The different forms of online marketing.
- Whether to go local or international with your marketing.
- Exactly why you need a marketing plan.
- The basic structure of a marketing plan.
- How to include the key pieces of information into your plan.
- Putting the plan into action.
- Setting your budget.
- Preparing for unexpected extras.
- How to get the most out of your budget.
- Key mistakes people make that blow their budget.
- Why evaluating the success of your marketing plan is so important.
- Where to begin with the evaluation.
- The importance of being critical and honest.
- What to do if things are not going well.
- The most common mistakes that people make with regards to their marketing.
- How to stop the decline.
- Turning a mistake into a positive.
- The dangers of not correcting mistakes.
- Tools that will help give your marketing strategy a boost
- We will review the key points covered in the previous modules.
Who can take the Level 2 Marketing Certification course?There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 15 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although students are free to spend as much or as little time as they feel necessary on each module.
Where / when can the course be studied?The course can be studied study at any time and from any internet connected device
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 15 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 15 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if a user fails the test?If the user doesn’t pass the test first time they will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times a test can be taken.
How long does it take to complete the Level 2 Marketing Certification course?We estimate that the course will take about 8 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.