Manual handling is an essential part of almost every job throughout the UK. Everyone from office workers to those who work on factory floors engage in some form of manual handling each and every day. It is important to learn about the risks involved and how to lift, carry, push, and pull loads safely. This is the best way to reduce the rate of workplace injuries, most of which are caused by improper manual handling practices.
This course provides you with a comprehensive guide to manual handling. It begins by giving you an introduction to the concept of manual handling, including examples and affected workplaces. It then goes into detail about the obligations employers and employees must fulfil in order to keep their workplace safe. The specific types of risks and hazards, as well as examples of how to handle materials safely are also provided.
You Will Learn:
- The obligations employers must fulfil according to the Manual Handling Operations Regulations
- The obligations employees must fulfil according to the Manual Handling Operations Regulations
- The risks and hazards that are involved with improper manual handling, including the development of musculoskeletal issues and repetitive motion injuries
- Techniques for safe and effective manual handling
- Practical solutions and tips to keep in mind when it comes to manual handling and workplace safety
Benefits of Taking This Course
- Learning about manual handling and how prevalent it is in today’s workplaces
- Understanding the rights and obligations of employees in the workplace when it comes to manual handling
- Learning about the specific risks and hazards that employees face when they handle items improperly
- Learning how to manually handle loads properly
Who can take the Manual Handling Interactive Certification course?There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 3 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although students are free to spend as much or as little time as they feel necessary on each module.
Where / when can the course be studied?The course can be studied study at any time and from any internet connected device
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 3 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 3 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if a user fails the test?If the user doesn’t pass the test first time they will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times a test can be taken.
How long does it take to complete the Manual Handling Interactive Certification course?We estimate that the course will take about 2 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.