Makeup Artist Diploma
Do you have a passion for makeup and beauty? Do you love creating different characters using makeup? Do you enjoy trying new ideas every time you go out? Have you considered a career in makeup and just have not found the time or a course you can afford? Then we have the solution for you.
Introduction to the Makeup Artist Diploma Course
The makeup diploma is an effective online training course which comprises of twenty two information packed modules that include learning how to contour and how to apply the perfect smokey eye. The course takes approximately twenty hours to complete, enabling you to study in your own time and at your own pace.
The benefit to the makeup course is that you can study while working a full time job, studying from any device and at any time, as long as you have access to the internet.
What you will learn
The course is filled with twenty two modules which are designed to teach you everything you ever wanted to know about makeup from its history to how to use it. This includes over an hour of instructional video to help you fine tune your skills and achieve success moving forward.
- Understand makeup artistry along with the latest trends.
- Learn about the history of makeup, a time line of events and makeup through the centuries.
- Know the role of a beauty makeup artist, what you will have to do, working conditions and more.
- Get to know the skin, it's anatomy through to products, techniques and problem solving common skin issues.
- Know your tools. Get a good understanding on the different brushes you will have to use, how to care for them and how to choose a good quality brush.
- Learn how to use the brushes in terms of length, shape and effective application.
- Understand the uses of foundation, how to choose the right foundation, other products and application.
- Get to understand corrective makeup, how to use tools and other products.
- Learn the various makeup styles, day time, night time, angles and more.
- Learn how to apply eye makeup along with common mistakes and eye shapes.
- Learn about effective eyeliner techniques, mistakes and more.
- Get to grips with brow grooming. Know how to groom the brows, benefits of brow grooming, mistakes and how to fix problem areas and mistakes.
- Learn how to apply false eyelashes effectively.
- Know how to apply cheek colour, along with blush types and facial shapes.
- Understand how to apply lip colour, tips, benefits and mistakes.
- Get to know the current beauty trends.
- Learn about makeup in TV, film and magazines. Emphasising features, character makeup and more. Is this the position for you?
- Know what hair styles work best with what makeup to ensure the two work seamlessly together.
- Know how to maintain radiant skin from important steps to tips and advice.
- Understand the different makeup techniques for different seasons. Know what makeup works in summer and winter. Get a good understanding on the latest season trends.
- Learn some advanced techniques which can help you in your makeup career. Learn about contouring, useful tips, eye techniques and more.
- Identify what you need to start and run your own beauty salon from management to health and safety and so much more.
There are numerous benefits you can take advantage of when choosing to complete this information packed course. The benefits include:
- Course broken into twenty two easy to manage modules
- Lifetime access to course content online
- One full hour of instructional video
- Start your own business with confidence
- Fast track your career
- Study at your own pace in your own time
- Receive diploma on successful completion
- Get a second chance to take the test in the event you do fail
- Gain valuable insight into the makeup industry
- Enjoy the convenience of online support throughout your study experience
- Overview of beauty and makeup artistry
- About lips, eyes, lashes and skin
- Psychology behind the use of makeup
- Modern makeup artistry trend
- The history of makeup
- The use of cosmetics in ancient times
- The timeline of events in the evolution of makeup
- Makeup and feminists
- What a beauty makeup artist does
- What this career path entails
- What working conditions for makeup artists are like
- Which industry careers are available to you
- The skin's anatomy
- The function of the skin
- Skin care products and techniques
- What you can do to improve your clients' skin problems
- The tools that makeup artists use
- How to identify a good brush
- How to care for your brushes
- How to choose the right tools for various applications
- A more detailed account of how to use makeup artist brushes
- Identify what qualities to look for in brushes
- Know the importance of density, length and shape of the brush
- Tips for effective application
- How to choose the right foundation
- When to use tinted moisturisers
- Identify what other products you will need
- How to apply foundation
- How to use corrective makeup
- Tips for corrective makeup applications
- Essential corrective makeup tools
- How to use various products
- Various makeup styles
- How to decide which style to use
- Daytime looks
- Night-time looks
- How to apply eye makeup
- Different eye shapes and how to correct them
- Get to know common eye makeup mistakes
- List of eye makeup tools you cannot be caught without
- Techniques on how to apply eyeliner
- Identify the common eyeliner styles and how to accomplish them
- Learn the most common eyeliner mistakes
- Eyeliner types and how to use them
- How to groom the eyebrows
- The benefits of eyebrow grooming
- The biggest mistakes you can make
- How to fix problems when grooming brows
- How to add fake lashes into your looks
- How to apply fake lashes
- What you need to know aout false lashes
- Common application mistakes and how to fix them
- How to apply cheek colour
- What you need to know about cheek colour
- Types of blush and when to use them
- Cheek colour based on facial shape
- How to apply lip colour
- Tips for lip colour application
- Benefits of using lip colour
- Common mistakes when applying lip colour
- About recent beauty trends
- Lip trends
- Eye trends
- Hair trends
- How to match makeup and hair
- Types of looks
- Makeup based on hair colour
- Working with hair stylists
- Maintaining radiant skin
- Important steps
- Essential tips and advice
- Essential vitamins and minerals for radiant skin
- Makeup for summer
- Makeup for winter
- ips for identifying your client's season and applying makeup accordingly
- Latest season trends
- About advanced techniques of makeup application
- Some useful tips you can rely on
- Step-by-step guide to contouring
- Essential eye techniques
- Managing your salon
- Tips for working with product companies
- Money management
- About Health and Safety
Who can take the Makeup Artist Diploma course?There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 22 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although students are free to spend as much or as little time as they feel necessary on each module.
Where / when can the course be studied?The course can be studied study at any time and from any internet connected device
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 22 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 22 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if a user fails the test?If the user doesn’t pass the test first time they will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times a test can be taken.
How long does it take to complete the Makeup Artist Diploma course?We estimate that the course will take about 20 hours hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.