Maintaining Employee Records Certification
Every business needs to keep employee records. This allows the company to keep running smoothly. For example, payroll information is required to ensure that the employee receives the right pay, and sensitive healthcare information may be required to facilitate reasonable adjustments in the workplace.
All employers need to be aware of their duties under the law with regards to data protection. In this course, you will learn how to comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and retain accurate payroll records for HMRC.
You Will Learn:
- Why employers need to collect information about their employees, and the type of records they keep
- How long employers can keep information about their employees
- The requirements for data storage and handling under the GDPR
- How to keep appropriate payroll records
- How to prepare for a tax compliance check, and the consequences of failing to keep appropriate records
Benefits of Taking This Course:
- If you work in an HR role, this course will help you maintain accurate, secure employee records
- If you are responsible for payroll management at work, this course will help you meet your obligations with regard to HMRC regulations
- If you are an employee, this course will give you an insight into your rights with regards to how your data is managed
- If you are interested in employment law, this course will give you a valuable insight into the laws around employee data protection
Who can take the Maintaining Employee Records Certification course?There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 4 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although students are free to spend as much or as little time as they feel necessary on each module.
Where / when can the course be studied?The course can be studied study at any time and from any internet connected device
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 4 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 4 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if a user fails the test?If the user doesn’t pass the test first time they will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times a test can be taken.
How long does it take to complete the Maintaining Employee Records Certification course?We estimate that the course will take about 0.75 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.