Listening Skills Certification
Listening is essential for professional success and stable relationships. Poor listening skills result in misunderstandings and conflict. Therefore, everyone can benefit from learning to listen well.
In this course, you will learn the differences between effective and ineffective listening and how to make sure that you have understood your conversation partner’s message.
You will Learn:
- The difference between active and passive listening
- Why you need to consider non-verbal communication alongside spoken words, when listening to someone else
- How to remain focused during a conversation
- Why you must take care not to interrupt others
- How to make sure that you have understood what someone else has told you
Benefits of Taking this Course:
- If you work in a customer-focused job, this course will help you listen to customers and resolve their problems
- By improving your listening skills, you will improve your relationships with your colleagues
- If you are responsible for managing a team, this course will help you identify your team members’ issues and, consequently, help them overcome any setbacks
- If your job entails mediation, this course will help you understand everyone’s perspective, when resolving a dispute
- If you work in sales, this course will help you identify a customer’s needs and increase your chances of closing a sale
Who can take the Listening Skills Certification course?There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 0 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although students are free to spend as much or as little time as they feel necessary on each module.
Where / when can the course be studied?The course can be studied study at any time and from any internet connected device
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 0 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 0 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if a user fails the test?If the user doesn’t pass the test first time they will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times a test can be taken.
How long does it take to complete the Listening Skills Certification course?We estimate that the course will take about 0.25 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.