Level 1 HTML & CSS Certification
HTML5 is a useful web-programming language that allows you to create feature-rich apps that can run on a wide variety of devices. HTML5 combines the awesome power and flexibility of HTML4 along with multi-media rich features, and you are no longer at the mercy of Apple’s iOS or Google’s Android when you develop your own apps. In fact, after using HTML5, you can actually design your own app and promote it on the open web. It’s easier to develop apps with HTML5 as the programming language provides flexible cross-platform compatibility.
Important topics covered in the course include:
The video course on HTML5 teaches beginners (who may have no prior knowledge of HTML) the programming basics and explains other features throughout subsequent videos. Some of the topics covered include:
- How to choose the correct text editor and browser for running HTML5 and how to open a new file and type in basic code
- The concept of tags and how to include website text between the correct tags and how to nest tags in the right manner
- How to preview your website as you develop it and using the correct syntax in code
- How to use basic CSS files and commands to help your website content look better
- How to create lists, links and tables and incorporate the instructions correctly in HTML5 code
- How to use form and input tags to accept information from the user
- Lab test exercises to test your skills after every video tutorial
Benefits of studying the course:
- You can test your skills by doing the practice tests provided in the course
- Your knowledge of the basics can enable you to learn more advanced levels of HTML5
- You can start developing your own apps by using HTML5 code without depending on Google and Apple
- Even those with zero programming knowledge can do this course and learn the terms and basics
Who can take the Level 1 HTML & CSS Certification course?There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 26 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although students are free to spend as much or as little time as they feel necessary on each module.
Where / when can the course be studied?The course can be studied study at any time and from any internet connected device
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 26 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 26 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if a user fails the test?If the user doesn’t pass the test first time they will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times a test can be taken.
How long does it take to complete the Level 1 HTML & CSS Certification course?We estimate that the course will take about 2 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.