Learning to Learn Certification
Learning isn’t just for teenagers and young adults – older people are increasingly likely to seek out opportunities to pick up new skills and knowledge.
In this course, you will discover why learning is beneficial to people of all ages and how to get the most from your learning journey.
You will Learn:
- Why your attitude to learning is an important determining factor of your success
- The benefits of learning in later life
- Why traditional learning techniques are not always helpful
- The two most effective learning techniques and how to use them
- How to use flashcards when studying and reviewing material
Benefits of Taking this Course:
- If you are thinking of returning to education or learning something new, this course will help you prepare for the challenges ahead
- If you are already a mature learner, this course will help you improve your performance
- If you are a teacher or trainer, this course will help you understand how your students learn
- If you are interested in educational psychology, this course will provide you with a useful insight into how we retain information
- If you are supporting a colleague, relative or friend who is starting to learn as an adult, this course will provide you with insight into the difficulties that they may face
Who can take the Learning to Learn Certification course?There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 1 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although students are free to spend as much or as little time as they feel necessary on each module.
Where / when can the course be studied?The course can be studied study at any time and from any internet connected device
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 1 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 1 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if a user fails the test?If the user doesn’t pass the test first time they will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times a test can be taken.
How long does it take to complete the Learning to Learn Certification course?We estimate that the course will take about 0.25 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.