Learning Strategies Certification
Whether you want to get better grades or pick up a new skill in your free time, using recognised learning strategies will help you get the results you need.
In this course, you will learn how to use learning techniques that will help you retain information and recall it whenever you wish.
You will Learn:
- Why you should leave gaps between learning sessions
- Why you should practise a mix of skills within the same session
- How to use the ‘five R’s’ of note-taking
- How to make dull content more interesting
- How to take breaks during learning sessions
Benefits of Taking this Course:
- If you are a student, this course will help you remember important information during exams and assessed tasks
- If you need to learn a new skill at work, this course will help you pick it up quickly
- If you work as a teacher or trainer, this course will help you teach your students how to learn
- If you are interested in psychology, you will benefit from this brief insight into how we remember information
- If you are a parent, this course will help you support your child or teenager during their school years
Who can take the Learning Strategies Certification course?There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 1 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although students are free to spend as much or as little time as they feel necessary on each module.
Where / when can the course be studied?The course can be studied study at any time and from any internet connected device
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 1 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 1 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if a user fails the test?If the user doesn’t pass the test first time they will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times a test can be taken.
How long does it take to complete the Learning Strategies Certification course?We estimate that the course will take about 0.25 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.