Kickstart Your Career Certificate
This Kickstart Your Career course gives you everything you need to know about returning to the workforce after taking time out to care for your children, or entering the workforce for the first time. At the conclusion of this course, participants have the tools they require to confidently pursue a career in the field of their choosing.
The course covers many topics related to successful integration into any working environment from the communication skills you need, to ways to comply with existing privacy legislation. We have developed this course to give students important information about how to successfully enter or re-enter the workforce.
Throughout the course, students are provided with instruction, tips and techniques for learning how to manage their time, how to work in teams and how to communicate effectively with their managers and colleagues. The course also covers negotiation skills that are crucial for working with others and earning a fair salary for yourself. Students of this course further learn about how to improve their personal effectiveness, manage customer relations and how to deal with stress on the job.
At the conclusion of the course, students receive a diploma, proving they have successfully completed each module.
What You Will Learn
This course was designed to give takers a total overview of what is involved in entering the workforce, regardless of experience or industry.
Here’s what the course covers:
- How to establish and manage priorities on the job
- What their rights are in workplace relationships and how to enforce those rights
- The specific skills involved in strengthening personal effectiveness
- The signs of stress and how to avoid burnout
- How to develop a relationship with your customers by focusing on Customer Relationship Management
- The interpersonal skills needed to handle difficult people and situations
- Tips on how to work well in, and eventually lead, workplace teams
- The main phases of negotiation and how to put those phases into practice successfully
- Important information about data protection, including how to apply legislative frameworks to your job
- How to create a CV that attracts attention, along with crucial interviewing skills
Benefits of the Kickstart Your Career Course
This Kickstart Your Career course includes the following benefits:
- An affordable course that helps prepare you for entry, or re-entry, into the workplace after a period away
- A curriculum that is easy to understand, divided into 10 complete modules
- The achievement of feeling confident about your decision to return to work
- Learning new skills, such as assertive communication, negotiation and how to work in teams, which you can use in the workplace and beyond
- Learning how to effectively manage stress, both at work and in your personal life
- The ability to study from any location with an internet connection
- Learn the material at any time and at your own pace
- Lifetime access to the course – no deadlines
- Obtain a recognised certification when completing the course, which will improve your career prospects
Who can take the Kickstart Your Career Certification course?There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 0 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although students are free to spend as much or as little time as they feel necessary on each module.
Where / when can the course be studied?The course can be studied study at any time and from any internet connected device
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 0 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 0 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if a user fails the test?If the user doesn’t pass the test first time they will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times a test can be taken.
How long does it take to complete the Kickstart Your Career Certification course?We estimate that the course will take about 15 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.