IT Security Certification
Understanding IT Security is vital for everyone involved in the modern workplace, whether in an administrative or end-user capacity.
This course provides a comprehensive insight into every aspect of IT Security, including the history and background of security threats as well as the core objectives of IT protection.
From the very real consequences of vulnerability to how to practically ensure a secure Information Technology infrastructure, this course covers every aspect all role players must know.
You Will Learn
- A comprehensive definition and history of IT Security
- The current objectives of IT Security and how to implement them
- All about the specific safety threats and the impact they have
- How to ensure IT safety as both an end-user and administrator
- The importance of assessing IT security vulnerability and how to avoid it
Benefits of Taking This Course
- You will be able to implement a comprehensive IT risk management plan in your company
- You will understand the current IT threats and the techniques to avoid them
- You will be able to ensure the safety of hardware and software at your workplace
- You will be able to identify vulnerable areas and provide solutions to avoid risks
- You will understand the importance of secure system design and how to emphasise IT safety at all times
Who can take the IT Security Certification course?There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 4 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although students are free to spend as much or as little time as they feel necessary on each module.
Where / when can the course be studied?The course can be studied study at any time and from any internet connected device
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 4 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 4 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if a user fails the test?If the user doesn’t pass the test first time they will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times a test can be taken.
How long does it take to complete the IT Security Certification course?We estimate that the course will take about 3 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.