Is the Customer Always Right?
While customers are undoubtedly the most important asset of any business, the question remains if consumers are indeed always right. Coined by Harrod Gordon in 1909, ‘the customer is always right’ is an old and widely accepted adage in the world of business. However, as crucial as customer satisfaction is and as important as customers are to business success, there are times and situations where consumers are not always right. In fact, blindly following the assumption that consumers are always right can lead to adverse implications.
The video course on ‘Is the Consumer Always Right?’ discusses and debates both sides of the coin and helps you decide on the best ways to resolve situations at work.
The course topics cover:
- Why customers are invaluable to the growth and development of your business and how to treat your customers well
- The benefits of treating your customers with attention and respect and how it helps
- Learning to identify situations where the consumer may not always be right and how to differentiate between the legitimacy of the complaint and poor customer service
- How to weigh the pros and cons of the situation and include important considerations
- How blindly favouring the consumer can lower the morale of your employees
- Useful strategies and tips that you can use when you find that a consumer is not right
- How to determine if you can resolve the situation or if you should let the consumer go
Benefits of studying the course include:
- You will be able to evaluate a situation by gathering details
- You become aware of the importance of customers and why you should offer reliable customer service
- You are better placed to back up employees when a consumer is abusive or abrasive
- You learn how to differentiate between solid customers who are worth retaining and others that you can let go
- You learn how to manage difficult consumers and regulate your body language in stressful situations
Who can take the Is Customer Always Right? Certification course?There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 5 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although students are free to spend as much or as little time as they feel necessary on each module.
Where / when can the course be studied?The course can be studied study at any time and from any internet connected device
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 5 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 5 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if a user fails the test?If the user doesn’t pass the test first time they will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times a test can be taken.
How long does it take to complete the Is Customer Always Right? Certification course?We estimate that the course will take about 3 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.