Introduction to REBT: Rational Emotive Behaviour Therapy
Rational Emotive Behaviour Therapy (REBT) is a talk-based therapy grounded in the principle that the way in which a person responds to events in their lives is just as important as the events themselves. REBT also emphasises the role of dysfunctional thought patterns in the maintenance of psychological distress.
In this course, you will learn about the theory underpinning REBT and the techniques that REBT therapists use to help their clients lead happier lives.
You Will Learn:
- The origins of REBT
- The problems that respond well to REBT
- How REBT is delivered
- The ABC model, the framework at the heart of REBT and how it is used to help clients resolve emotional distress
- The practical interventions used by REBT therapists during and between therapy sessions
Benefits of Taking this Course:
- If you are thinking of pursuing a career as a psychotherapist, this course will provide you with a valuable introduction to an influential school of therapy
- If you wish to seek personal therapy, this course will help you decide whether REBT may be helpful for you
- If you support someone who is receiving REBT or a similar therapy, this course will help you understand how their treatment works
- If you are interested in mental health, this course will provide you with an insight into the relationship between thinking styles and wellbeing
Who can take the Introduction to REBT: Rational Emotive Behaviour Therapy Certification course?There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 4 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although students are free to spend as much or as little time as they feel necessary on each module.
Where / when can the course be studied?The course can be studied study at any time and from any internet connected device
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 4 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 4 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if a user fails the test?If the user doesn’t pass the test first time they will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times a test can be taken.
How long does it take to complete the Introduction to REBT: Rational Emotive Behaviour Therapy Certification course?We estimate that the course will take about 2.5 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.