Introduction to CrossFit
This Introduction to CrossFit course is essential for anybody looking to improve their overall fitness, strength and wellbeing. Whether you’re a fitness newbie or a seasoned veteran, this guide to one of the world’s most popular fitness brands is essential reading.
This course covers everything you need to know about CrossFit, including a full description of the classes, all about the coaches and even how to turn your home into a CrossFit training gym!
From a detailed analysis of the target market and a practical step-by-step guide to the exercises to the dangers of CrossFit and how to avoid them, this is the ultimate introductory guide to CrossFit.
You Will Learn
- What CrossFit is and who it caters for
- What happens in a CrossFit class and what to expect from the coaches
- A comprehensive guide to doing CrossFit at home
- The dangers of CrossFit and how to ensure your safety
Benefits of Taking This Course
- Understand how to improve your muscle strength and definition
- Increase your sense of wellbeing and improve your mood
- Save time and money by training at home
- Avoid potentially serious injury and become super-fit
- The various fitness elements included in CrossFit training
- The different groups of people that will benefit more from CrossFit
- The many different types of classes available for CrossFit
- The four components of a CrossFit gym
- The various levels of coaching; Levels 1- 4 inc.
- The advantages and disadvantages of doing CrossFit at home
- Details of a AMRAP exercise
- Why CrossFit can potentially be a dangerous activity
Who can take the Introduction to CrossFit Certification course?There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 4 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although students are free to spend as much or as little time as they feel necessary on each module.
Where / when can the course be studied?The course can be studied study at any time and from any internet connected device
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 4 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 4 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if a user fails the test?If the user doesn’t pass the test first time they will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times a test can be taken.
How long does it take to complete the Introduction to CrossFit Certification course?We estimate that the course will take about 3 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.