Learning about sports nutrition is vital for everyone interested in achieving optimal health and well-being by ensuring proper nutrition. Whether you’re a professional athlete, part-time sportsperson, or just curious about incorporating the right diet in your life, this is the perfect course for you!
This course discusses the importance and optimal intake of carbohydrates for all types of sportspeople and athletes and a detailed guide to complete and incomplete proteins and the science of building muscle with proteins.
From saturated and unsaturated fats and which are the best for endurance and overall health, to the importance of hydration and how to ensure you get the right types and amounts of minerals and vitamins in your diet, this course covers everything you need to know about sports nutrition!
You Will Learn
- The different types, optimal intake and effectiveness of carbohydrates as fuel for the body
- How to identify complete and incomplete proteins and ensure you are getting the right amounts, as well as the science of muscle building with proteins
- The definition and importance of saturated and unsaturated fats and which are the best for athletes
- How to ensure you are optimally hydrated and have the right amounts and types of vitamins and minerals in your diet
Benefits of Taking This Course
- Feel better and become healthier by improving your nutrition
- Improve your performance and further your sporting career
- Avoid the common errors and pitfalls of fad diets and trends
- Avoid serious injury and illness by understanding the science behind proper nutrition
Who can take the Introduction to Sports Nutrition Certification course?There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 4 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although students are free to spend as much or as little time as they feel necessary on each module.
Where / when can the course be studied?The course can be studied study at any time and from any internet connected device
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 4 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 4 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if a user fails the test?If the user doesn’t pass the test first time they will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times a test can be taken.
How long does it take to complete the Introduction to Sports Nutrition Certification course?We estimate that the course will take about 2.5 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.