Improving School Attendance Certification
Learning how to improve school attendance is absolutely essential for any teacher, head teacher, parent or school representative. Whether you’re experiencing a school attendance problem or are looking to avoid one, this course covers everything you need to know.
This course provides a comprehensive guide to improving school attendance, including the factors that affect attendance and how to improve it through a variety of strategies. From how to work with parents and families, to motivating and encouraging students and intervening, when necessary, it covers everything you need to know regarding every aspect of improving school attendance.
You Will Learn
- All of the factors affecting school attendance
- Strategies for schools to improve attendance
- Working with parents and families to improve attendance
- Motivating and encouraging students to stay in school
- When intervention is necessary, and how to go about it
Benefits of Taking this Course
- You will vastly improve student attendance at your school
- You will form positive relationships with parents and gain their trust
- Your students will be motivated and inspired to stay in school
- You will understand the reasons why students stay out of school and be able to address each one
- You will be able to successfully intervene and assist students who are experiencing problems and their families
Who can take the Improving School Attendance Certification course?There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 4 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although students are free to spend as much or as little time as they feel necessary on each module.
Where / when can the course be studied?The course can be studied study at any time and from any internet connected device
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 4 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 4 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if a user fails the test?If the user doesn’t pass the test first time they will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times a test can be taken.
How long does it take to complete the Improving School Attendance Certification course?We estimate that the course will take about 2.5 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.