Improve Your Assertiveness Certification
There are four primary communication styles used in most conversations. Out of these four, only one is ideal: assertiveness. Developing your assertiveness is the key to having your wants and needs met, without putting the obligation on others to figure them out or being rude or overly-aggressive about them.
As a result, people who have these skills tend to be happier and deal with less anxiety throughout their daily lives. While learning how to improve your assertiveness is not easy, it can be done.
This course goes into detail about the strategies and techniques you can employ to improve your assertive communication skills.
We begin by introducing you to the various communication styles, providing you with information on why assertiveness comes with the most benefits.
Next, we review a few simple steps that you can take in order to introduce assertiveness into your daily conversations. Practising these skills can be daunting, which is why we break it down into a series of simple tasks that you can employ easily and confidently.
Finally, we review a series of assertive communication techniques.
You Will Learn:
- The difference between the passive, aggressive, assertive and passive-aggressive styles of communication
- The reasons why being assertive is important, both at work and in your personal life
- How to prioritise your own wants and needs in a conversation
- The importance of turning people and projects down when you do not have the necessary time
- Strategies you can use to become more assertive with ease
Benefits of Taking This Course:
- Experiencing less stress and anxiety having your wants and needs met
- Learning how to slowly introduce assertiveness into your communication style
- Understanding how being assertive differs from other communication styles
- Learning how to use ‘I’ statements in a way that benefits all parties involved in a conversation
- Understanding what to do if you are uncertain about how to respond immediately
Who can take the Improve Your Assertiveness Certification course?There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 1 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although students are free to spend as much or as little time as they feel necessary on each module.
Where / when can the course be studied?The course can be studied study at any time and from any internet connected device
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 1 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 1 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if a user fails the test?If the user doesn’t pass the test first time they will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times a test can be taken.
How long does it take to complete the Improve Your Assertiveness Certification course?We estimate that the course will take about 0.75 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.