HR: Protecting Confidentiality Certification
Regardless of the type of organisation you are running, your industry or your company size, at some point, your staff members are going to have to deal with confidential information. Knowing how to handle this information is a crucial part of running a successful organisation. In most cases, it is your human resources department that handles most of your confidential information, such as the contents of employee files. However, for some organisations to run smoothly, other people also need to handle sensitive and confidential information, such as proprietary information or personal information about your clients.
This course goes into detail about how to protect confidentiality within your organisation. It begins by telling you why you need to control the flow of information in and out of the workplace and gives you several tips for doing so successfully. Your legal obligations and other responsibilities are covered, ensuring that all staff members are compliant with the relevant legislation. The use of various agreements to ensure privacy is maintained is also reviewed at length. Finally, we talk about certain ethical considerations you may need to keep in mind relating to privacy and confidentiality.
You Will Learn:
- What pieces of UK legislation are crucial for you to understand
- How to handle information your organisation obtains about staff members
- How you can use non-disclosure agreements to protect your organisation
- Who should be able to access confidential information and under what circumstances
- How to keep digital and paper files safe and secure
Benefits of Taking This Course
- Understanding the importance of physical locks throughout the workplace
- Learning how to create a secure password
- Learning how an organisation should record employee passwords
- Understanding how to train new employees to ensure compliance with your confidentiality policies
- Understanding what to do if you are faced with ethical considerations that may require you to violate confidentiality
Who can take the HR: Protecting Confidentiality Certification course?There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 1 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although students are free to spend as much or as little time as they feel necessary on each module.
Where / when can the course be studied?The course can be studied study at any time and from any internet connected device
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 1 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 1 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if a user fails the test?If the user doesn’t pass the test first time they will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times a test can be taken.
How long does it take to complete the HR: Protecting Confidentiality Certification course?We estimate that the course will take about 0.25 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.