How to Write Better Emails Certification
In today’s fast-paced, information-centric society, there is no escaping email. Close to 3.8 billion people across the globe use email on a daily basis for everything from keeping in touch with friends and family to ensuring that their business runs smoothly. Unfortunately, despite the prevalence of this technology, not many people know how to write emails that deliver information clearly, concisely or in a manner that can be easily understood or addressed.
This course goes into detail about the strategies and techniques you can employ to write better emails. We begin by setting out in detail the best way you can ensure that your message is read and comes across clearly to your recipient. Next, we move on to discussing ways to ensure your email stands out in the recipient’s inbox, by giving you information you can use to create subject lines that attract attention. We then move on to discussing the body of the email, letting you know the best way to structure your content. Finally, we caution you on a few common annoyances many people experience when receiving email, to help you avoid them.
You Will Learn:
- Why proper spelling and grammar should be favoured over emoji and text-speak
- How to create a subject line that is going to get the recipient’s attention
- How to focus on the body of the email to ensure your message goes across well
- Why brevity is a crucial skill to learn when drafting emails
- The “deadly sins” of email writing
Benefits of Taking This Course:
- Learning how to write effective emails that communicate your message clearly
- Understanding the steps involved in cultivating an appropriate subject line
- Understanding why you need to focus on being concise and clear in all forms of communication
- Learning how to use your email client’s signature feature properly
- Understanding what not to do when reviewing, writing and responding to emails
Who can take the How to Write Better Emails Certification course?There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 1 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although students are free to spend as much or as little time as they feel necessary on each module.
Where / when can the course be studied?The course can be studied study at any time and from any internet connected device
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 1 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 1 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if a user fails the test?If the user doesn’t pass the test first time they will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times a test can be taken.
How long does it take to complete the How to Write Better Emails Certification course?We estimate that the course will take about 0.75 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.