How to Run an Efficient Payroll
Payroll systems play important roles in businesses. They help process employee payments and make necessary deductions, including tax and National Insurance. Various tasks are performed to help run payroll every month. However, if businesses are not careful, they can spend too much time on payroll, leaving little for other important aspects of the business.
That explains why it is important to run an efficient payroll. With an effective system in place, it becomes easy to overcome the various challenges that inefficient systems pose. This course has been designed to help you learn how to make any existing payroll system more efficient for better outcomes.
First, it explains the various challenges an inefficient payroll can pose and the need to overcome them. Next, it explains various issues businesses often experience with manual payroll processes. It goes on to discuss various ways small and large businesses can improve their payrolls for increased efficiency.
You Will Learn:
- The challenges that payroll systems often pose
- The issues businesses experience with manual payrolls
- How to run an efficient payroll
- How to improve an existing payroll system
- The benefits of running an efficient payroll system
Benefits of Taking the Course
Taking this course will help you to:
- Better understand the role of payroll systems in businesses
- Overcome existing challenges in business payroll processes
- Learn how to improve payroll processing efficiency
- Learn the essence of continuous training and education among employees
- Find out why most businesses are moving from manual payroll to automated payroll systems
- Appreciate payroll and its role in large and small businesses
- Reflect on your goals and decide whether you are interested in taking up a career in accounting
- Prepare for your future business start-up
Who can take the How to Run an Efficient Payroll Certification course?There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 1 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although students are free to spend as much or as little time as they feel necessary on each module.
Where / when can the course be studied?The course can be studied study at any time and from any internet connected device
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 1 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 1 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if a user fails the test?If the user doesn’t pass the test first time they will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times a test can be taken.
How long does it take to complete the How to Run an Efficient Payroll Certification course?We estimate that the course will take about 0.75 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.