Health and Safety for Events Certification
Learning about health and safety for events is absolutely essential for anybody involved with any type of event of any size and nature - whether you’re an event organiser, part of the event team, or are looking to branch into the event management world.
This course provides a comprehensive guide to event health and safety, by highlighting serious risks, ensuring a safe venue and successful crowd control.
From how to avoid fire hazards and learning waste management principles, to finding the perfect venue and understanding the science of crowd safety, this course covers everything you need to know about every aspect of event health and safety.
You Will Learn
- How to implement a waste management strategy to ensure health and safety at events
- How to perform a fire-hazard risk assessment and avoid any potential danger
- How to ensure a suitable, safe and risk-free venue
- The science of crowd-control, including assigning effective roles and entry and exit strategies
Benefits of Taking This Course
- You will increase event attendance by ensuring the safety and well-being of attendees
- You will avoid any potential legal implications arising from injuries at events
- You will improve your reputation as an event organiser and increase business
- You will avoid any negative publicity arising from safety and other risks at events
Who can take the Health and Safety for Events Certification course?There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 1 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although students are free to spend as much or as little time as they feel necessary on each module.
Where / when can the course be studied?The course can be studied study at any time and from any internet connected device
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 1 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 1 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if a user fails the test?If the user doesn’t pass the test first time they will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times a test can be taken.
How long does it take to complete the Health and Safety for Events Certification course?We estimate that the course will take about 0.75 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.