Handling Conflict in High-Value Relationships
Conflict is an inevitable part of any relationship. No matter how much we like or even love another person, we will not be in full agreement all of the time. Unfortunately, most people have never been taught how to handle arguments or resolve disputes.
This course is packed with practical tips and strategies to help you understand another person’s point of view, work together to come up with viable solutions and hold constructive conversations that will strengthen your relationships.
You Will Learn:
- Why listening is key to conflict resolution, and how to further your understanding via active listening techniques
- How to see a situation from another person’s point of view by using a three-point strategy
- How to successfully negotiate and reach an amicable compromise
- The differences between assertive, passive, passive-aggressive and aggressive behaviour, and how to use positive ‘I’ statements to communicate your point of view
Benefits of Taking this Course:
- This course will empower you to deal with conflict in every area of your life, thereby lowering your stress levels and improving your relationships, both at work and at home
- If you work in a mediating role, this course will help you assist clients in working through conflict
- If you work in a high-stress environment with difficult customers, the skills you will learn in this course will improve your job satisfaction
- If you are interested in a career as a counsellor or family therapist, this course will provide you with a useful insight into interpersonal conflict
- This course will improve your general confidence, as you will be secure in the knowledge that you can handle any form of conflict
Who can take the Handling Conflict in High-Value Relationships Certification course?There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 4 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although students are free to spend as much or as little time as they feel necessary on each module.
Where / when can the course be studied?The course can be studied study at any time and from any internet connected device
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 4 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 4 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if a user fails the test?If the user doesn’t pass the test first time they will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times a test can be taken.
How long does it take to complete the Handling Conflict in High-Value Relationships Certification course?We estimate that the course will take about 2.5 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.