HAACP – Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point Certification
Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) system is an internationally-recognised approach to managing and monitoring food safety risks. It is underpinned by seven principles that, when properly utilised, protect consumers from food-related hazards.
This course will provide you with a comprehensive overview of the HACCP principles and will explain how they apply in real-life situations.
You will Learn:
- How HACCP started
- Where HACCP was first used
- The seven principles that make up HACCP
- How to conduct a hazard assessment
- What is meant by the term ‘critical control points’
- How to locate critical control points
- The role of critical limits in reducing food safety risks
- Why you must implement a reliable set of monitoring procedures, and what to do, if you identify a problem
- The role of sound record keeping in HACCP, and how to check that your safety measures are working
Benefits of Taking this Course:
- Anyone who works in the food industry will benefit from learning about HACCP and its applications
- If you own a food business, this course will help you meet your obligations under the law
- If you are responsible for supervising others or undertaking risk assessments, this course will help you identify potential hazards
- If you have an interest in consumer or occupational health, this course will be a valuable introduction to a key topic within the food safety field
Who can take the HACCP Certification course?There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 4 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although students are free to spend as much or as little time as they feel necessary on each module.
Where / when can the course be studied?The course can be studied study at any time and from any internet connected device
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 4 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 4 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if a user fails the test?If the user doesn’t pass the test first time they will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times a test can be taken.
How long does it take to complete the HACCP Certification course?We estimate that the course will take about 2.5 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.