Fraud Detection Certification
All businesses should have in place a set of policies and procedures that deter people from committing fraud. Unfortunately, fraud remains a common problem across many industries. The financial sector is particularly vulnerable to these crimes.
Fortunately, there are many steps you can take to prevent fraud and minimise the damage if a crime has already occurred. In this course, you will learn the underlying principles of fraud detection, what fraud detection looks like in practice and the most common challenges people investigating suspected fraud tend to encounter.
You Will Learn:
- Why fraud detection is important and why learning how to spot patterns is an essential skill in investigating fraud
- How to look for clues that may point to future instances of fraud
- How to identify anomalies in records and processes by analysing data
- The challenges that face data auditors when trying to identify fraudulent activity and how to use analytics to identify red flags
- How to detect credit card fraud using decision trees and algorithms
Benefits of Taking This Course:
- Anyone who owns a business or occupies a senior position will benefit from this course, as it contains essential information that will help guard a company against fraud.
- If you are an employee, knowing how and why fraud occurs will help you play your role in flagging anomalies, which could ultimately save your company a lot of time and money.
- If you are responsible for recruiting new employees, this course will help you take their financial background into consideration when deciding whether to make an offer.
- If you are interested in criminal law, this course will provide you with a useful insight into fraud and fraud detection.
Who can take the Fraud Detection Certification course?There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 4 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although students are free to spend as much or as little time as they feel necessary on each module.
Where / when can the course be studied?The course can be studied study at any time and from any internet connected device
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 4 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 4 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if a user fails the test?If the user doesn’t pass the test first time they will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times a test can be taken.
How long does it take to complete the Fraud Detection Certification course?We estimate that the course will take about 1 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.