Fire Marshall Certification
Fires may break out when least expected and it is important to know how to deal with these situations, not just as a fire marshal, but as an individual as well. This course covers basic fire safety and prevention steps, as well as the actions to take in the event of a fire, so as to improve overall fire awareness.
The course aims to equip all persons, as well as the fire marshal, with the knowledge and skills needed to properly deal with emergency situations. You will learn how to identify potential fire hazards, how you can minimise their risk, how to properly use a fire extinguisher and how to be reactive in any situation.
You Will Learn:-
- Some of the basic principles behind combustion and how fires spread.
- What the most common causes of fire are.
- The safety and preventative measures to take in order to minimise the threat of fire.
- What the main duties of the fire marshal include.
- About the different classes of fire and how this leads to choosing the correct fire extinguisher.
- The actions to take in the event of a fire breaking out.
Benefits of Taking This Course:-
- Your knowledge will allow you to properly identify fire hazards in an area.
- Your knowledge will allow you to be better equipped in preventing fires from breaking out.
- You will learn of the proactive and reactive responsibilities of the fire marshal, allowing you to gain more confidence in this role.
- You will learn to handle a fire extinguisher.
- You will gain an overall better understanding of fire safety and awareness, all of which can be applied to both individuals and fire marshals.
- The knowledge provided in this course will help you to better deal with an emergency.
Who can take the Fire Marshall Certification course?There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 5 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although students are free to spend as much or as little time as they feel necessary on each module.
Where / when can the course be studied?The course can be studied study at any time and from any internet connected device
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 5 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 5 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if a user fails the test?If the user doesn’t pass the test first time they will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times a test can be taken.
How long does it take to complete the Fire Marshall Certification course?We estimate that the course will take about 3 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.