Level 3 EYFS Teaching Certification
Teaching young children can be an incredibly rewarding profession, and anyone in this field should have the tools necessary to give their students the best possible level of education.
Taking an Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) teaching course is a great first step to becoming an effective educator of those who are still in the early stages of life.
Whether you have staff working for you who need to learn the skills to become a kindergarten teacher or you wish to run a nursery or pre-school yourself, having a certification in EYFS teaching is an absolute necessity.
This course is offered entirely online. This allows you and your team members the freedom to study wherever and whenever is most convenient for you.
Through these 10 fascinating modules, your staff will quickly be able to grasp what it takes to become a respected EYFS teacher.
What’s Covered in the Course?
Through this course, your team members will learn about:
- Why it’s important for young children to receive proper education and how to create a well thought out and effective educational programme;
- The daily schedule of an EYFS teacher and what a typical day in this career would look like;
- What the EYFS framework is and the rationale behind it;
- How to be an effective teacher, by creating a strong lesson plan that helps to test the strengths and weaknesses of individual students;
- What areas of learning are most important and how to maintain focus on them;
- The teaching techniques available to EYFS teachers and how the use of play in an educational programme makes for more effective learning;
- The importance of motivation, especially when it comes to young students and how to keep a class on track;
- The different professions that utilise EYFS teaching.
What are the Benefits of the Course?
Whomever you enrol on this course can expect to enjoy the following benefits:
- Employees will gain the necessary skills that can help them to advance their careers working with young children;
- Staff are able to study at the time and from the place that best suits them and your company,
- Upon completion of the course, team members receive an industry-recognised and fully-accredited certification that can even be printed from home;
- Study materials are available on all major devices - all that’s required is an internet connection.
- The importance of education in early childhood
- Areas of learning
- Creating educational programmes
- How to assess children in your care
- An overview of Early Years Foundation Stage teaching
- What you can expect from an EYFS teaching career
- Requirements, qualifications and useful skills
- Information about your day to day tasks and your working environment
- The rationale behind the EYFS framework
- Prime and specific areas of learning, as well as early learning goals
- How to complete assessments and progress checks of the children in your care
- Health and safety requirements
- How the EYFS impacts the promotion of learning and development
- The characteristics of effective learning
- Best practices for promoting effective learning with respect to the prime areas of learning
- How to support effective learning with respect to the specific areas of development
- The role of play in learning
- Helping children achieve in each area of learning
- How to conduct a progress check at age two
- Completing the Early Years Foundation Stage Profile
- The different teaching techniques
- The VAK learning strategies, as well as the Honey and Mumford types of learners
- The importance of creating an enabling environment
- How to keep children motivated
- The statutory requirements and legislative framework behind working with children having SEN/SEND
- The importance of first concerns and early identification
- Using the graduated approach to SEN/SEND in early years education
- The role of the early years special education needs coordinator
- About Montessori education and its relation to the EYFS
- How Steiner Waldorf education differs and how it relates to the EYFS
- When you can apply for EYFS exemptions
- The exemption application process
- Information about what to do if you suspect a child needs protection
- The health and safety requirements all facilities must meet
- Staffing roles and responsibilities
- Staffing requirements, including information about ratios
- Information on how to start your search
- Where to look for jobs in the UK, including online job lists and recruitment agencies
- How to put together a CV
- Additional skills early years providers find appealing in applicants
Who can take the Level 3 EYFS Teaching Certification course?There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 10 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although students are free to spend as much or as little time as they feel necessary on each module.
Where / when can the course be studied?The course can be studied study at any time and from any internet connected device
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 10 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 10 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if a user fails the test?If the user doesn’t pass the test first time they will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times a test can be taken.
How long does it take to complete the Level 3 EYFS Teaching Certification course?We estimate that the course will take about 15 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.