Events Management Diploma
A career in events management or wedding management can be exceptionally rewarding. This is a fast paced environment where you will be expected to know the industry and have outstanding planning and problem solving skills. This course is ideal for anyone who is looking for a successful career as a wedding or event manager or for anyone who is already working within the industry, but wants to have a certification in place to prove their passion and dedication to the industry.
Introduction to Events Management Diploma
The events management diploma is made up of twenty three modules. These modules are brimming with valuable information, tips, advice and guidance to help you enjoy a successful career as an events or wedding manager. The course should take around fifteen hours to complete with the convenience of studying at your own pace and where you feel most comfortable, utilising the online modules which work on all devices.
You will learn a host of essential skills, including staging and design, event logistics, legalities and what you need to know to start your own event management business.
During your studies you will have access to online support and on completion you will need to pass a multiple choice test which is based on what you have learned in the modules. On passing, you can download and print your certificate straight away.
What You Will Learn
In this information packed course, you can expect to learn the following:
- Understand the benefits of having a diploma and what is expected of you as an events manager.
- Learn the benefits of strategic management, why budgeting is so important and identify different events management software solutions.
- Identify why customer service skills are so important along with how to improve your communication skills effectively.
- Learn about the various types of events you may be asked to manage during your career.
- Learn about staging and design and gain insight into using the venue's resources, how to use seasonal themes and so much more.
- Understand the importance of financial management. Learn how to stick to a budget, sell tickets and manage the finances effectively throughout the event.
- Get insight into the importance of health and safety at all events. Learn how to run an event safely, what to look out for and how to cater to emergencies.
- Get advice on troubleshooting and logistics at events from electricity supply to tables and parking.
- Understand the wedding planning industry and why people need wedding planners to help them organise their special day.
- Identify with the various wedding types.
- Learn the wedding planning process.
- How to choose the right wedding venue based on your clients. Venues, hidden extras, negotiating the best prices and more.
- Understand the different wedding ceremonies and legalities, such as who can get married, making it official and schedules.
- Learn how to choose the right wedding theme.
- Learn how to save money when it comes to wedding attire, along with the regulations you need to be aware of.
- Get valuable insight on wedding catering and entertainment.
- Understand your role when it comes to printed materials.
- Organising transportation.
- Tips to find the best wedding photographers and videographers.
- Know your role as a wedding planner when the couple is getting married abroad.
- How to start your own events management business.
- Get a firm understanding of marketing, insurance and tax when opening your own events management business.
Benefits of the Event Management Diploma
This diploma is guaranteed to provide you with a wide range of superior benefits from when you first decide on events management as your career to running your own successful business.
The benefits include:
- Recognised certification.
- Online support throughout your studies.
- Informative modules you can rely on.
- Study at your own pace, no set schedules to work to.
- Boost your career in events management.
- Gain the knowledge and skills you need to enjoy a successful career.
- Get the insight and advice you need to start your own events management business.
- To learn about the different types of events that you might create as an event planner
- To learn about the different skills you need as an event planner
- To learn about the realities of what it is like to be an event planner
- To understand the opportunities that a diploma in event planning presents for students
- To learn why event planners need to strategize
- To learn why budgeting is so important
- To learn about the benefits of strategic management
- To learn about events management software
- Why customer service is so important in this field
- How to offer a high level of customer service
- What skills you will need to do this
- Why going the extra mile for your customers is well worth the effort
- About Small and Private Events
- About corporate events and understanding their aims
- About conferences and why timing is critical at these type of events
- About exhibitions and managing exhibition traffic
- To learn about the different stages of event promotion
- To learn how to use social media to promote an event
- To learn how to use traditional media to promote an event
- To understand how to use social media to drive engagement at the event
- To learn the importance of budgeting and financial management
- To understand how to successfully create a budget
- To learn about typical event costs
- To learn how to set ticket prices
- To understand how to make the most of a venue’s resources
- To understand how to use seasonal themes
- To learn how to incorporate themes into all types of events
- To learn ways to bring your event theme to life
- To learn about the different suppliers that you will need
- To learn how to find reliable suppliers
- To learn how to hire suppliers
- To learn how to negotiate with your suppliers
- To learn how to manage the event space and the parking facilities
- To understand the impact of electricity on your event space
- To learn how to organise sound for the event
- To learn about arranging furniture and tents
- To learn about different types of event staff
- To learn about hiring event staff
- To learn about training event staff
- To understand the role of a manager
- What events planners have to watch out for
- How to run an event safely
- How to take care of employees and contractors
- About managing health and safety during the event
- To learn how to produce events that are compliant with UK law
- To understand the event planner’s role in creating safe events
- To learn more about organising health and safety procedures
- To understand to apply for the appropriate permits
- To learn about the importance of your event’s legacy
- To learn about the different reasons that events change
- To learn about different professional tools to create better events
- To learn about different personal tools to create better events
- To learn about the pros and cons of running an event planning business
- To learn more about being a self-employed event planner
- To learn what kind of approach you should take to your business
- To learn about how to write a business plan
- To understand how to advertise your business
- To learn more about building your reputation through word of mouth
- To understand the importance of building a website
- To learn more about social media advertising
Who can take the Events Management UK Certification course?There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 15 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although students are free to spend as much or as little time as they feel necessary on each module.
Where / when can the course be studied?The course can be studied study at any time and from any internet connected device
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 15 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 15 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if a user fails the test?If the user doesn’t pass the test first time they will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times a test can be taken.
How long does it take to complete the Events Management UK Certification course?We estimate that the course will take about 15 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.