Essential Skills for First-Time Managers Certification
Taking on responsibility for a team can be a huge challenge for first-time managers, and it requires certain skills and abilities that weren’t previously required. As it’s such a difficult transition from an individual to a leader, it’s crucial that all new managers receive the necessary skills and training from the outset.
This course will be looking at the various skills that first-time managers need in order to become better leaders, create engaged, productive teams and produce great results.
You will Learn:
- How to adapt your mindset from an individual to a manager
- How to successfully delegate tasks
- How to motivate your team and encourage professional development
- How to build trust and relationships with your team
- How to lead by setting an example
Benefits of Taking this Course:
- You’ll gain a better understanding of what to expect and what to do as a first-time manager
- You’ll learn how to achieve your goals by guiding others through tasks
- You’ll be able to manage more efficiently and create productive teams
Who can take the Essential Skills for First-Time Managers Certification course?There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 1 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although students are free to spend as much or as little time as they feel necessary on each module.
Where / when can the course be studied?The course can be studied study at any time and from any internet connected device
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 1 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 1 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if a user fails the test?If the user doesn’t pass the test first time they will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times a test can be taken.
How long does it take to complete the Essential Skills for First-Time Managers Certification course?We estimate that the course will take about 0.25 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.