Email Management and Ethics Certification
Email is unavoidable in today’s workplace. Regardless of industry, sector, or even position, you are bound to require the use of email in some capacity at some point in your career. Employees need to understand how to use email properly in a workplace context, and employers must be able to develop and implement email policies that reflect the values and goals of the organisation, while also staying well within the legal framework set out regarding email communication with clients. Learning more about how to manage your email and conduct business through email in an ethical way is an important part of any job role.
This course goes into detail about email management and ethics, giving you the tools you need to conduct your business through email without alienating customers or going against the law.
First, we begin by giving you general information about email, including how it is often misused in the workplace.
Next, we talk about proper email etiquette, which is a crucial part of communicating with others. Anti-spam legislation and practices are also covered.
Finally, we detail the steps involved in creating an ethical email policy.
You Will Learn:
- The purpose of workplace email
- The difference between encrypted and unencrypted messages
- How you should craft the contents of an email
- The relevant pieces of UK law relating to email marketing
- Why you should create a written email policy
- How to create a robust policy that includes everything you need
Benefits of Taking This Course:
- Understanding more about email encryption, including why it is so important to your workplace security
- Learning how to treat attachments in a way that gets them past junk mail filters and into your customer’s inboxes
- Learning how to comply with UK law regarding email communication, avoiding a steep fine
- Understanding the importance of checking your own spam filters frequently
- Learning how to ensure your staff members comply with your email policy
Who can take the Email Management and Ethics Certification course?There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 4 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although students are free to spend as much or as little time as they feel necessary on each module.
Where / when can the course be studied?The course can be studied study at any time and from any internet connected device
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 4 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 4 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if a user fails the test?If the user doesn’t pass the test first time they will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times a test can be taken.
How long does it take to complete the Email Management and Ethics Certification course?We estimate that the course will take about 2.5 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.